Regional Connections welcomes interested applicants for a Head Teacher. This is a part-time position (25 hours per week).
Summary of position: The head teacher provides training, guidance, mentoring, and support to instructors in the language program. The head teacher is an experienced and highly qualified instructor who is dedicated to improving overall teaching performance and capacity within the organization.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Offer direction and support to instructors on core activities such as conducting needs assessments, developing and delivering communicative, task-based courses and lessons, and conducting formative and summative learning assessments in line with program policies and funding mandates. This will be accomplished through supporting the orientation and onboarding of new instructors, conducting classroom observations, team teaching, teaching demonstration lessons, and meeting one-on-one with instructors.
• Substitute teach as required
• Contribute to language program development and new materials development
• Research new practices and stay current with changed in the field of ESL, especially changes made in Canada
• Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
• TESL certificate, B.Ed or other relevant degree, EAL classroom experience
• Demonstrated proficiency in PBLA and communicative, task-based second language instruction
• Familiarity with the CLB’s
• Experience in adult EAL teaching, developing curriculum; creativity and flexibility
• A strong understanding of the English language, teaching adults and the ability to connect with adult immigrant learners
Please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Email: [email protected]
2 – 295 Perry Street
Winkler, MB R6W 0K9
Deadline for submissions: June 29, 2018
We thank all who apply but only those selected will be contacted for an interview
Job type: Part-time